Sunspotter Talk

Hot Keys

• dvdgc13 by dvdgc13 translator, scientist

From @N5bz (from a different thread)

I don't know how or where to start a new discussion: hot keys: Philosophy: NEVER USE THE MOUSE unless it is to select objects in an image. In other words: always provide hot keys for things that are chosen frequently.

For this project, 'a' 's' and 'd' would work fine for a right handed person like me to select the left image, the invert button, or the right image. Of course, I can make my own hot keys with an AutoHotKey script, but it is so much nicer when it is build in because changes in screen layout will mess up scripts because they click the wrong screen coordinates.

Posted

• dvdgc13 by dvdgc13 translator, scientist in response to dvdgc13's comment.

@N5bz I do like what you proposed... however, I would suggest to have the keys more separated to avoid confusion. For example, 'q' for the left, 'p' for the right.

Posted

• hamptongray23 by hamptongray23 in response to dvdgc13's comment.

@dvdgc13 I agree.

Posted

• seacliff5049 by seacliff5049

I'd very much appreciate hot keys instead of the mouse, has anything been done in that direction?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hm, that's not a bad idea. I don't think Sunspotter is due for any sort of enhancements, but I'll add it to the GitHub repo...

I don't think there's any dev time for this any time soon, but hopefully at some point!

Posted

• seacliff5049 by seacliff5049

I would also prefer Hot Keys! Using the mouse on a Notebook is quite annoying!

Posted