Sunspotter Talk

Lag time when images renew

• jules by jules

Most of the time the I am presented with 2 new images straight after classifying. Occasionally (varies from 1 in 5 to 1 in 20 as far as I can tell) one of the images renews OK while the other lags and can take up to 5 seconds to change. I thought at first that keeping one image was part of the task but then realised that it was just slow to change. However, the interface allows me to classify the images BEFORE the second one has changed. I don't know what effect this will have on the classifications. Does this mean it's possible to compare the wrong images by being "too quick"?

Posted

• jules by jules

Maybe it's just me but I'm still getting some images that are slow to renew - sometimes taking up to 10 seconds. Vista and Firefox if it helps.

Posted

• Quia by Quia

I see this very rarely, maybe every 50 or so pairs. It's more common for me to have both images not load for a few seconds before I'm presented with a new pair.

Posted

• voyager1682002 by voyager1682002

I have tried Firefox and Safari they both load images pretty fast, may be once in while the loading is slow.

Posted

• jules by jules

Might be my laptop then though I can't see how. I've also had matching pairs load up!

Posted